Dentures (also known as false teeth) are artificial teeth used to replace missing teeth and tissues. They help in the normal functioning of a person's mouth. Dentures could be partial or complete. Complete dentures fix over the upper teeth and roof and on the lower teeth like a horseshoe.
They are advised when all the teeth are missing.
You must remove them at night for cleaning.
Partial dentures are advised when only a few teeth are to be replaced. They are attached to artificial gum connected by a metal framework which helps to hold Denture in place.
Types of dentures:
Dentures are made of porcelain and acrylic resin.
- Porcelain dentures match easily with the remaining teeth and give a natural look. But they are easy to break and hence work better for complete Denture.
- Acrylic resin dentures are lightweight and are very easy to adjust. They make jaw movement smoother because they fit properly.
Are you excited to know the process of placing dentures?
Step 1 The doctor will first take your jaw impressions to examine how well they relate to one another and if they have spaces in between them.
Step 2 A wax model is then skilfully made to check the fitting.
Step 3 Final Denture is made with the wax model.
Step 4 The patient is made to try the final set of dentures, and if required, the dentist will do the additional changes as well.
How to take care of dentures:
You should handle dentures with care because they are artificial and removable. For a longer denture life, you should consider the following tips:
Keep the dentures clean: Just like teeth, we must keep our dentures clean. Brush your dentures at least once a day. It is advised to remove dentures after every meal and wash them with warm water.
Overnight protection: Soak the dentures overnight in the solution suggested by your dentist. Make sure to rinse dentures with water in the morning before reusing them.
Keep a check on your dentures: Monitor dentures from time to time and visit the dentist if they don't fit in properly.
Do's and Don'ts while dentures are on:
- Soak your dentures overnight in water or the solution given by your dentist.
- Rinse your dentures before putting them back the next day.
- Brush daily with soft toothpaste as prescribed by your dentist
- Do take care of your mouth, gums, and tongue.
- Do not try and bite hard food with front Dentures
- Do not be harsh while brushing
- Please do not use a toothpick or pointed objects on Dentures as they adversely affect them.
- Do not drop them as they are delicate and may break.
- If they loosen, do not try to fix it on your own instead, visit a dentist.
Matrix dental clinic is located in Vasant Vihar, New Delhi. We have been treating patients for dentures for a long and have developed a great trust amongst them. Our fixed dentures cost is best in South Delhi; our implant-supported and single-tooth denture services are best in India.
Avail services and get fully satisfied at Vasant Kunj Clinic.